In 2015 Daniel Taub stepped down as ambassador to the United Kingdom, where he served as the Ambassador of the State of Israel to the Court of St. James for four years. He has referred to his tenure as Ambassador with a sense of accomplishment, where relations between the United Kingdom and Israel remain strong. Taub had opened up Israel information centers in Scotland, Wales, and in Manchester.” He was proud to have positively addressed situations involving:
- Working with the Jewish community in Britain and improving anti-Semitism matters.
- Achievements in the Middle East crises regarding military skirmishes in Gaza, ISIS, and Iran.
- Maintaining peace agreements with Egypt and Jordan.
- Keeping a quiet and tenuous agreement with Saudi Arabia, the Gulf States, Egypt, and Jordan.
- Retaining a close relationship with the United States.
- Having worked to re-establish Britain’s Labour Party and Israel’s Labour Party so that they can work together.
- Israel talking with Palestine about working together because as he says, “the same terrorist groups across our borders threaten them as they threaten us.”
Daniel was raised in the United Kingdom and educated at the University of Oxford, University College, Harvard University, and University College London. He proudly represents himself as an Orthodox Jew and he holds a background as an Israeli diplomat, as well as his work as an international lawyer. Learn more about Daniel Taub: https://www.bloomberg.com/authors/AC5IR9iOgJI/daniel-taub and https://soundcloud.com/danieltaub
He also served as the Principal Deputy Legal Advisor of Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a legal adviser to Israel’s missions to the United Nations in New York and Geneva, and has represented Israel in many multilateral discussions.
Daniel Taub is also a writer who has published articles in prominent U.K. newspapers. He authored a book on biblical text through his role as a diplomatic, he has also written a script for an Israeli drama series.
In 2011, when he was appointed Ambassador to the Court of St James’s, he became the second British-born Israeli Ambassador to the UK.
Currently, Daniel Taub returned to live in Israel and is heading philanthropic efforts in Jerusalem with Yad Hanadiv as its director of strategy and planning.
This organization acts on behalf of the Rothschild family philanthropic trusts like giving education grants, improving academic excellence, and working in the Arab community efforts.
Read more: Daniel Taub | LinkedIn